About Melnitsa Animation
With a full-time staff of over one hundred and fifty artists, designers, editors, and engineers, Melnitsa Animation is St. Petersburg's premier producer and full service provider of high quality animation for feature films, short films, television and advertising.
Melnitsa produces every aspect of animation production in-house: storyboards, character design, background design and production, 2-D animation, 3-D animation, line tests, clean-up, ink and paint, compositing, editing, and titles.
Melnitsa's sound division, Midi Cinema, handles all aspects of sound production form recording, design and editing to Dolby Digital surround sound mixing, Russian language dubbing, and music composition.
With our strategic partner 1C Games in Moscow, Melnitsa als produces computer games based on our animated features and the feature films of our partner, the CTB Film Company of St. Petersburg, one of Russia's most successful live-action film producers.
High quality work, on-time delivery, affordable prices, and the convenient location of St. Petersburg make Melnitsa a sensible choice for your animation production or co-production needs. Feel free to contact us to discuss your projects and we will be happy to answer your question and supply you with a detailed quote.
- Animation series of 489x4.5’ for pre-school children;
- 2,540,109,625 views on YouTube, 31st in the Top 100 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide.
Since the project was launched in 2006 we licensed:
- More than 3,000 articles in total;
- 122 magazines and 597 books with 17,5 million copies sold;
- 165 positions of soft toys with 5,8 million items sold;
- 200 theatre performances yearly.
- Animation series of 192x4.5’for children aged 5 to 12;
- 1,034,668,205 views on YouTube, 79st in the Top 100 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide (February 2014),
- After three years after launch reached place 3 in the Top 5 Most Successful Russian Animation Projects.
- More than 1,500 positions licensed in 2011-2014 (toys, board games, sweets, books, magazines, bed linen, sport goods, stationary, mobile apps, puzzles, theatre performances, etc.)
- Target audience – families;
- Series of full-length animated films based on fairy tales about Bogatyrs, the most well known Russian epic heroes.
- The greatest success among full-length cartoons in Russia ever. The latest sequel grossed over $32 million in Russia alone.
- The next film will be released in January 2015.
- About 700 positions (toys, board games, books, puzzles, DVD, mobile apps, soft drinks, cereals, baked goods, tableware, stationary, etc.)